As many of you know. I live in the Canadian west. Or The pacific north west for the American visitors to my site. Anyways, Its that time of year when the weather starts getting a bit iffy. The rain starts to creep in , the mists are starting, and there is a slight chill in the air at night. Warm and cozy clothes are needed. Now I have to say up front, I have never been a sweet pants person; outside of the house anyways.
Anyways… moving on…
What does that call for? Well comfy clothing that will keep you warm and cozy. I know its tracks, I’m not sporty at all ,but I still want comfy and warm. That is the name of the game. Something to keep the the cold out. ( Not that Vancouver is cold. Just Chilly at times.
I have posted this to my Instagram, as well as to a few of the face book groups that I am a member of, and I got some questions. The normal ones. fabric , patterns, changes, all that. So I thought I would go though all of it and let everyone know.
- Pattern for Pants: Burda 6719. I did change a few things. I dropped the rise about 2 inches. I also made them more of a capri length. ( I didn’t quite have enough to make full pants ) So to make the capris, I cut about 16″ of the length and added the matching cuffs as the hoodie. Not that I would wear them as capris. Always pushed up to the knee making them more “now”.
- Pattern for Top : Burda 6719. I did not change anything from the pattern at all on this. I went with option “B”; the cowl neck.
- Fabrics: I don’t really know what the brand of this red fabric. It is a jersey terry loop. Some what like a French Terry.
- Sewing machine used: My Kenmore I bought at Sears about 10 years ago. It is made by Janome. Janome model #DC5100
- Serger used: for finishing the inside seems. My Singer Profinish
What would I change? I would have to say that pants, even more then I did. I would make them a little looser in the leg. The pattern is more of a fitted Euro cut ( which I normally like ) but I think they could have been a little looser.
All in all, I was pleased on how the whole thing turned out, and will be making more. The hoodie top especially as I think it is rather chic with then cowl neck line.
I have to say I am on a real clothes making kick, and I love it! Something that I never thought I would be into. I am now actively looking for interesting patterns, and actively looking for fabric for those patterns. Again … nothing I would ever be into, but I love it.
Please let me know what you think. Comments are always welcome.